Microsoft Virtual Earth Version 6 has custom 3d model support!
- Support for creating you own 3d models using a standalone tool created by 3dVia (Dassault)
- Import of models into local.live.com collections
- Creation of 3d tours in your collection which you can share with users. This has a dvd style play pause interface
- Creation of videos of your 3d tour (no mention of what permissions you have to use the video)
- No way to import existing models, all models have to be created in the standalone tool, although you can import textures
- No way currently, although is comming later this year, to use these models in your own map mashups
- Limited tour options seems to just be 360 rotate at the moment so no tours with different viewpoints like Google Earth
- 3d Videos are heavily watermarked etc and no sign of license agreements specific to these, although we may have missed them
We are working on some tutorials and demos at the moment and hope to post these later today with our updated impressions.