earthware is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is earthware Ltd of 2 Church Barn, Caldecote Road, Newnham, SG7 5LA.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail (for example by clicking on an email link) or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions associated with our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information using Google Analytics, if you consent to this using the cookie message that appears on every page.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visit to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. [In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.] We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
For more information go to: http://www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/guides/about-cookies
If you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our website, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies and refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser, although you may not be able to take full advantage of earthware's website if you do so. In particular, you may be required to accept cookies in order to complete certain actions on our website.
Cookies used on this site
The following are names of cookies that are currently used on this site. Each cookie includes a short description of what the cookie does and its expiry time.
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
|_ga||2 years||Google Analytics: This is used to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website. It is used to distinguish users.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_65548_2||24 hours||Google Analytics: This is used to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website. It is used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||1 minute||Google Analytics: This is used to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website. It is used to throttle request rate.|
|ARRAffinity||Session Based||This is used by Microsoft Azure to hold state information whilst you are using the website. When you close the browser this session information is automatically removed. You are unable to opt out of using this cookie as it is required for the application to function.|
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we feel may interest you, if you have given us explicit consent to do so. If you are not an existing client we will only contact you to reply to your message or enquiry;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you, if you have provided explicit consent for us to do so.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if earthware or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
How long will we retain your data?
earthware maintain an internal data retention policy. This ensures personal data collected via our website is kept for no longer than is necessary for the lawful purposes for which such personal data is processed.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The right to be informed
The right of access
Individuals have the right to access their personal data. This can be requested by emailing email@example.com and we will respond to your request within one month.
The right to rectification
Personal data can be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. If you believe this is the case email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to make any corrections and respond within one month.
The right to erasure and to restrict processing
Individuals have a right to have personal data erased or to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data. When processing is restricted, the data is still stored, but it will not be further processed.
If you would like your data erased or processing restricted, contact us on email@example.com.
The right to data portability
The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
When personal data is requested we will provide it in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form with one month.
The right to object
Individuals have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling), direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
Children and Privacy
Our website does not target, and is not intended to attract, children 15 years of age or under. earthware does not knowingly solicit personal information from children 15 years of age or under or send them requests for personal information.
Our Amazon Alexa skills
Information captured during use of our earthware Amazon Alexa skills is only used to support SMS or email functionality within the skill, data captured is not shared with 3rd parties or used for marketing.
If a user provides a phone number when requesting a link to an article using the SMS feature, this number is retained within the skills database for future SMS requests by the user within the skill.
If a user links the Alexa skill to their Amazon account then the skill has access to the user’s Amazon email address and Amazon profile name. This information is required to support the email functionality within the skill that allows the user to request a link to the article to be sent to them via email.
If you would like your data rectified or erased, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns about our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us via email on email@example.com, our contact form or call +44 0845 642 9880.